Friday, February 25, 2011

Listen...

I remember when I was about 13 or 14 years old I had attended a church summer camp. You know, it seems to be the same story that you hear about a lot of the church going folk. They first experienced God at a summer camp. But that was truly when I came to understand that God was not just some distant being. He had shown up and He was real.
It was around that time that I learned to listen...
Before that, in the back of my mind I always knew there was a God... or something. "Saved" or not, I don't think I could have made it through too many days of my childhood without Him. He was always there, I see it more now as I grow older but it was just hard to recognize or understand at that time.
There was one specific night after that summer camp, when I was lying in my bed late at night, that I had felt something so deep in my heart. I cried and begged God for this one thing that I so desperately craved in my life.
Wisdom.
I remember earlier nights laying in bed bawling my eyes out because I had learned at a young age that I was worthless.
I remember sitting on a cold porch in the middle of December almost knowing I would always be nothing.
I thought life had nothing more for me than what it had already given me.
But there was a reason God put the burden for wisdom on my heart that late night after camp.
Wisdom told me truth and helped me to hold to a promise that would never be broken.
I am what God has destined me to be and no man can stand against what God has said.
Wisdom says the same for you... but are we listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment