Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just breathe...

"Above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life"
I have a hard time finding the right balance with letting people in. I have had my times where I was closed off and didn't trust a soul. Other times I let my emotions run and I let some in a little too easy.
How do you be guarded enough to protect your heart without keeping everyone at a distance?
How do you trust without having a piece of you ripped from your fingers?
Im not too sure if there is anyone who has mastered this art. Everyone feels pain, and everyone has hurt another.... and we all will again.
"Above all else guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."
"... the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
God is our ultimate source of life.
He never said close it off, just don't let anyone take Him from you.
We open our heart to give people what God has given us... life, a wellspring of it. We guard our heart by not letting anyone take Him from you.
God never said that people wouldn't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment