Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Sunday Morning

I woke up this morning with a lot on my mind... sitting with a cup of overly sugared coffee and my tattered lil' red Bible, I ponder my reactions to situations that have sprung up on me. There are a lot of things I miss, and a lot of things I wish could be but there have been a lot that has changed. Im no one really important, but at times I feel like I have gone through a whole lot to be where I am. And I have done it on my own.
There is partial truth to that statement.... I have made the decisions on my own, yes, but I was never on my own.
Life gives you a whole bunch of opposition, fear, and downright pain. But God gives you Himself. Its crazy how much you get from just knowing that.
I remember when I was first trying to figure out how to deal with past issues and feelings in life that I had no idea how to express. That period in life I did a ridiculous amount of yelling... mostly at God, everyone else I just rudely glared at. But that was my first big lightbulb in this Jesus thing... He was there. He was listening... and it didn't matter if I was yelling, crying, or cussing up a storm. I had someone that heard me, felt my pain, understood those tears and helped me to stand and keep moving. That's what He gave Himself for. You... and everything about you.
Its been some time that God helped me to first understand that truth and grow a bit more so I was not so emotionally unstable. But even now I have to remind myself again. Even when we feel alone in our choices and our circumstances, He hears our cry, He wipes our tears, and He helps us to stand.
Thats what He gave Himself for.

No comments:

Post a Comment