Friday, May 20, 2011

Common Man

I have searched this world for an acceptance I will never find.
I am haunted by the twisting and tearing of words others have labeled me as, or the declaration by others of who I will be.
No one will truly accept me for me.
Everyone has their own opinion.
Everyone thinks they know how I will turn out.
Everyone has a pre conceived notion of who I am because of words I use or an insecurity that came off strong.
Tell me who I am and you will be wrong.
Tell me where I am going and where I end up will be severally different.
You do not know who I am by your judgement.
My life has nothing to do with what you think.
My life has everything to do with what I think.
Where my foot falls is my decision.
Who I am was declared before you were in existence.
I was born for greatness.
You do not determine what my greatness is.
I will not live for you, you will never be satisfied.
I am tired of life being tinted by rejection.
I am exhausted of running after your approval and opinions.
I am Common Man, and I was born to be great.
I was born to be great but Common Man lives to tell me different.

No comments:

Post a Comment