Sunday, March 20, 2011

He Cries

I used to have a hard time crying. Now I cry a good bit just not in front of anyone.
In our society, especially western society, it's not okay to cry. It's no wonder why everyone is so angry and defensive these days.
You also don't hear very much about God crying. I guess it's easier to scare people into repentance by having people assume God is angry and mean. But that does nothing but increase the amount of people that  want nothing to do with God.
We were created in God's image, we cry because He does. I heard somewhere that the reason why water comes out of our eyes when we reach that state of emotion is because our bodies don't know how to handle  the emotion so it weeps. God gets into an emotional wreck over us.
It comforts me to know He cries. Not only does He cry, but He cries for us.
When we cry He cries with us.
It helps me feel closer to a God that we think is so distant.
Just because He cries.

1 comment:

  1. Love your writings hard to read the blue type though, getting old though lol. Linda

    ReplyDelete