Saturday, July 2, 2011

Home

It was settling driving alone back to my new/old home in the suburbs of Alabaster. I blasted "Coming Home" on my ipod in my car as I drove. If my Dad was in the car while I did that he would have just glared at me in joking disapproval, so I waited until he was safely in his hotel room. It is funny being back here, I don't know how many times I asked myself "what am I doing here?" But I quickly dismissed those thoughts and accepted the fact this was the only place I felt at home. This was my chance of just having a place to really call my own, a place where I had a fresh start. A life that is not disfigured by my ever haunting past.
I honestly don't know what's next in the storybook of my life and I don't care to try to figure it out. At this moment I'm just glad I'm here. God thank you that you have given me simply that. A Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment