Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stillness

I finally got myself up from in front of the television after a shorter day of work. The Holidays tend to be a constant reminder of what seems to be lacking in my life and all I want is for it to just pass me by. All afternoon an echoing feeling of inner thirst gnawed at my soul. Sometimes I find myself ignoring Him, and lately it's been more often. It's almost as if I don't want to hear what He has to say, but on this night I try to quiet myself to listen...
Nothing.
The weight of my present issues lean onto my metaphorical shoulders, bogging my mind down with more to think on. God where are you?
Nothing.
No thing I care to ask or vent on seems appropriate to let slip from my mind. So I wait. I tear away my thoughts and just sit.

Nothing changed, no loud voice from the heavens, no huge revelation. Only stillness. All I really need is to find Him ... in everything. Stillness does not come from the atmosphere that we are in, it comes from choosing to live in the peace of God. Stillness is a choice of heart, that's how we can still see God in the middle of death, pain, and in sorrow. We let the chaos if this world scream so loud.
When God meets us in stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment