Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Look and See that the Lord is Good.


Look.

Every drastic change in your life makes you see what you failed to recognize before. 
I feel as though I have been on a chase... a chase for acceptance, or maybe a chase for self identity. Growing up in the chaotic world I grew up in, my identity was not my own. It was whatever I was told I was, or was to do.
 I feel as though too many times I find myself begging God to give me direction, but what I was really saying was, tell me who I am so I can be that.
Yes I was created, but I am defined by me.
God sees us for what He created us to be but who I become is determined by my choice.
What do you want....

I don't want to be defined as an old characteristic
I don't want to settle for anything less than what my heart desires
I want to be used for something greater than myself
I want to know Your heart
I want to love like You love me

I was created for good things, what defines me is the passion and desire for those good things.

In the beginning God created us and said that it was good. We walked with Him then, in the Garden. I want that. Closeness. I don't even want to ask God for a direction anymore. I just ask if I can walk with Him.

And I see that the Lord is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment